- The ATA Carnet is vital for the import and export of temporary goods.
- It enables non-perishable goods to be moved temporarily from one country to another with no customs charges needing paid.
- An ATA can be used on goods including:
- Sporting goods, work equipment (e.g laptops or cameras), educational, scientific or cultural goods, publicity materials, sample goods at trade fairs or sales meetings.
- The Carnet is a single, paper-based document that is shown to customs upon entering or leaving a customs territory. It is valid for one year and can be used unlimited times.
- The holders of such goods will still need the correct exporting licenses or permits.
- More information on ATA Carnets can be found here: https://www.atacarnet.com/what-carnet
How to apply for an ATA Carnet?
Apply for an ATA Carnet online through the Industry eATA Carnet system now: https://new.ecarnet.co.uk/Lccicarnet/Index
The official e-carnet website offers further explanation and guidance through the application process:
- London Chamber information around the ATA Carnet and how to apply:
- Official Government guidelines on taking goods out of the UK temporarily:
- Further information about the ATA Carnet:
- European information on the ATA Carnet: