Who we are
Britcham is the British Chamber of Commerce in Belgium and the EU. It is the Voice of UK-EU Business, the essential network for international business people in Belgium.
We have two functions:
1) A Traditional Chamber of Commerce that facilitates bilateral trade between the UK and Belgium.
2) The EU Chamber of Commerce, which serves members through our policy focused committees and through events with key decision makers from the European institutions.
- Your expert at the heart of discussions on the UK’s evolving relationship with the EU
- Your partner and guide in capitalising on the UK-Belgium bilateral relationship
- Your opinion leader on a free, fair and open pro-business Europe
As a leading member of the British Chambers of Commerce Global Business Network we connect our members to chambers across the UK and around the world.
The chamber has been serving the international business community here for over 100 years and we are committed to the long term – continuing to be the gateway to Europe.
More than 400 British companies have a commercial presence in Belgium and the UK is consistently a top-5 investor in the country. Belgium alone is the 9th biggest export market for the UK.
Our members are small to large businesses from Britain and across the world – all with a stake in the success of Europe and its economy. They employ 1.2m people in the UK alone, with at least as many again in the rest of Europe.
Our mission is to create a dynamic European business environment by influencing the development of policy, connecting people and building relations, and providing practical advice.
We promote the importance of open business in Europe and beyond, influence policy to facilitate business and help businesses connect, engage and succeed.
At Britcham we support our members through several committees and task forces and all members are encouraged to participate and help shape the events and activities which will support their business development.